Next: About this document
Up: MEMORANDUM TO P. M.
Previous: THE PROBLEM OF A
- We may be able to make a major advance in the art of
using a computer by adopting a time-sharing operator program for
our hoped-for 709.
- Such a system will require a lot of advance preparation
starting right away.
- Experiments with using the flexo connection to the
real-time package on the 704 will help but we cannot wait for the
results if we want a time-sharing operator program in July l960.
- The cooperation of IBM is very important but it should
be to their advantage to develop this new way of using a computer.
- I think other people at MIT than the Computation Center
staff can be interested in the systems and other engineering
/@steam.stanford.edu:/u/ftp/pub/jmc/timesharing-memo.tex: begun 1994 Dec 29, latexed
JulAugSepOctNovDec at :< 10 0
Mon Sep 9 16:16:04 PDT 1996