Up: The Logic of Phenomenal
Previous: The Logic of Phenomenal
We follow Quine in taking the ontology of a system to be given
by the collection of domains over which variables range. In the
supermarket example, the ontology includes
- These can be represented by their product codes.
- purchased items
- The particular instances of items purchased
as part of a particular basket.
- The collection of items purchased on a particular
- The set of customers is unknown but is known
- characteristics of products
- durable, edible, assumes a
- characteristics of people
- female, married, has baby,
has toddler, Hispanic tastes
There's lots more in the ontology.
Wed Feb 23 17:08:25 PST 2000