Computer Science Department Undergraduates and Graduates Diploma Ceremony
|Date:||Sunday, June 17, 2018|
|Location:||The Sand Hill Athletic Field, 357 Oak Rd, Stanford|
We are looking forward to this year's graduation ceremonies. The main University event will begin at 9:30 a.m. in the Stanford Stadium. This year’s Commencement Speaker will Sterling K. Brown, an Emmy, Screen Actors Guild and Golden Globe-winning Stanford alumnus. More information about the University Ceremony can be found at https://commencement.stanford.edu/.
- When: The CS diploma ceremony will begin at 1 pm, Sunday June 17, 2018. Guests should be in their seats by 12:45 p.m. to ensure a timely start of the event.
- Where: The Sand Hill Athletic Field, 357 Oak Rd, Stanford.
- Please note the location of this year’s ceremony is the Sand Hill Athletic Field, 357 Oak Rd, Stanford. It will NOT be held at our traditional site due to construction at Frost Amphitheater.
- Stanford University has implemented a clear bag policy for Commencement to provide a safer environment for the public and expedite entry into Stanford Stadium. This policy limits the size and types of bags permitted. For details about the size and type of bags allowed, see the Clear Bag Policy. This policy is in effect for the main ceremony but is not enforced for the CS diploma ceremony.
- No tickets are required for guests.
- We recommend bringing a sun hat and sunscreen.
- A light lunch will be available before the ceremony. Finger sandwiches, fruit, green salad, chips, cookies, apple cider and lemonade. Bring a blanket if you'd like to picnic on the grass.
- Traffic on campus is heavy during Commencement and parking is tight.
- The Sand Hill Athletic Field is about a 30 minute walk from the main commencement ceremony at Stanford Stadium.
- Parking for the CS ceremony is available at the Stock Farm Parking Garage across the street from the ceremony, but traffic will be heavy so please consider walking if you are able.
- There are a number of large parking lots in the vicinity of the Stanford Stadium. For more information on parking for the main ceremony, please view the Weekend Parking and Transportation page at Stanford's main commencement website.
- There will be a handicapped seating area with easy wheelchair access.
- Handicapped parking for the CS Ceremony will be available at the Stock Farm Parking Garage.
- The CS Ceremony will be held on a grassy field. A limited number of shuttles (golf carts) will be available to transport guests unable to navigate the field. The pick-up point will be near the entrance of the parking structure.
- Photos: There will be professional photographers taking pictures as each graduate receives their diploma. For information about ordering photos go to http://www.gradimages.com/Preregistration.