Important updates for the 2019 Computer Science Diploma Ceremony
- Updates on Security Measures
- See https://live.stanford.edu/venues/frost-amphitheater/what-to-bring for complete details about what is and isn't allowed
- An important exception to the posted Frost Security restrictions posted on the website is that standard cameras will be allowed
- You will have to pass through security similar to the Stanford Stadium process for the main ceremony, so please be aware and make sure to leave enough time to spare
- There are 2 entrances. One near Galvez St, closest to the stadium and one near the intersection of Roth and Lasuen, which is handicapped accessible
- The gates open to the public at 10:30 am on June 16th, 2019
- Lunch will be served at 11:30 am.
- This year we will have a special serving line for our new graduates to ensure that they are able to eat before the ceremony and have to be in place before the ceremony starts
Computer Science Department Undergraduates and Graduates Diploma Ceremony
||Sunday, June 16, 2019
||12:15 PM (Graduates arrive by 11:45am to check-in)
Dear Students, Families, & Friends:
We are looking forward to this year's graduation ceremonies. The main University event will begin at 9:30 a.m. in the Stanford Stadium. This year’s Commencement Speaker will be Tim Cook, chief executive officer of Apple and a prominent voice on ethics in technology and business. More information about the University ceremony can be found at https://commencement.stanford.edu/.
The Computer Science Departmental diploma ceremony will begin at 12:30 p.m. in Frost Amphitheater. Guests should be in their seats by 12:15 p.m. to ensure a timely start of the event.
- No tickets are required for guests. We recommend bringing a sun hat and sunscreen.
- There will be a handicapped seating area with easy wheelchair access.
- A light lunch will be available before the ceremony. Finger sandwiches, fruit, green salad, chips, cookies, apple cider and lemonade. Bring a blanket if you'd like to picnic on the grass.
- Traffic on campus is heavy during Commencement and parking is tight. Frost Amphitheatre is within a five-minute walk of the main commencement ceremony at Stanford Stadium so for those able to make the short walk, we recommend traveling on foot rather than driving between the two.
- We have a small parking area off of Lasuen Street which will be available to vehicles with handicapped placards. There are 20 spaces and these will be given out on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- There are a number of large parking lots in the vicinity of the Stanford Stadium and Frost Amphitheatre. For more information on parking, please view the Weekend Parking and Transportation page at Stanford's main commencement website.
Photos: There will be professional photographers taking pictures as each graduate receives his/her diploma. To pre-register go to